Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey lifted the city-wide mask mandate on June 1, 2021.
This was in response to the high vaccination rate along with a consistent low new
case count which was 133 yesterday in the state of MN. (Google) It has also been
very low in Hennepin County.
This means as of June 2, 2021, we will no longer be requiring masks to be worn at
Elim for any event. T hey are optional. This will be an adjustment as we get ‘ back to
normal’ interactions in life and at Elim. We want to avoid stigmas and fear regarding
health-related issues and try to follow the Holy Spirit, logic, and science the best we
can. This is a big step for our city, and us as we gather and interact with one another.
We will be monitoring the situation closely. We appreciate your patience.
Here are a few things to note:
- We welcome ALL mask-wearers and NON-mask wearers to worship at Elim and
we understand that we all have different health needs. We want Elim to be a safe
and judgment-free zone.
- If you are experiencing flu or COVID-19 like symptoms PLEASE stay home and
- Youth and Children, please listen to your parents about participating at Church
with or without a mask and listen to them as regards your own family’s health
- There are no distancing requirements, please inform an usher if you need a seat
that is distanced from others.
- If you have not been vaccinated there is a high risk of contracting COVID-19. The
CDC recommends wearing a mask in groups. There is growing evidence of the
incredible effectiveness and safety of the available vaccines. Consider consulting
a doctor about getting vaccinated if you haven’t done so.
- Bathrooms, exits, and entrances have returned to normal I N/OUT traffic use.
- We will still practice no-touch offerings and communion and we are considering
how we might best do t his going forward!