What I’m interested in seeing you do is: sharing your food with the hungry, inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad. – Isaiah 58:7
Every Sunday morning we share the love of Jesus with people experiencing homelessness by offering breakfast, lunch and a listening ear.
- Breakfast – Breakfast is prepared and served by volunteers.
- Shower and Laundry – Showers are available at Elim and volunteers provide clean clothes and laundry services.
- Bible Study – Bible study and discipleship groups teach about God’s love for all people.
- Worship – All who attend Hope Avenue are encouraged to join the congregation in worship.
- Food Distribution – Groceries are available to anyone in need of food assistance.
- Cold Weather Emergency Shelter when the temps dip below -12F.
All services are provided free of charge to anyone in need.
Hope Avenue is a collaborative effort and without the support of community we could not do this! Our community partners include:
- University of Northwestern Nursing Program
- Bethel Nursing Program
- Tasks Unlimited
- Envision Community
- Second Harvest Heartland
- Sole Care for Souls
- Simpson Center
- People, Inc.
- City Gate Network (formerly AGRM)
- Northeast Minneapolis Lions
- Step with Soul
- Erin Aarestad (Realtor)
- Street Voices for Change
We also partner with and receive volunteers and support from several area churches:
- Abbey Way Covenant Church
- Christ Church Otsego
- City of Life
- Zion Baptist
- Mill City Church
- Grace Church for Community Life
- Buffalo Evangelical Free
- Monticello Covenant
- Westbrook Church
- Wooddale Church
Volunteer with Hope Avenue
Logan Park Neighborhood Podcast – Listen to this interview with Pastor Becky for an eye-opening view of homelessness in Minneapolis.
Emergency Shelter on KARE11 News – During extreme cold temperatures, we also open up the building as an emergency overnight shelter. Recently, KARE11 did a segment about the shelter. You can view it by clicking here.
Recent Flyer (PDF) – Hope Avenue Flyer 2019
Video Trailer – Thank you to Ben Smith for putting this video together!
For more information about Hope Avenue, please contact Pastor Becky Hanson.