What I’m interested in seeing you do is: sharing your food with the hungry, inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad. – Isaiah 58:7
Every Sunday we share the love of Jesus with people experiencing homelessness by offering breakfast, a clothing closet, hygiene items, friendship, and the Word of God.
- Breakfast – 7:15-9:45 am. Breakfast is prepared and served by volunteers. (Because of COVID restrictions, we are meeting out in front of the church. Showers and the foot care clinic are not available at this time.)
- Clothing Closet – Sunday morning only (7:15-9:45 am)
- Worship – 10 am. All who attend Hope Avenue are encouraged to join the congregation in worship.
- Food Distribution – After church, groceries are distributed as needed.
In July 2021, Hope Avenue will begin the Heavenly Burritos van ministry that will take a food and clothing ministry to the homeless encampments around the Northeast area.
- Addiction Recovery Small Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm (Come to the Madison St. entrance).
- Freedom in Christ: This Christian 12-Step group meets at 7 pm every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Neighborhoods Organizing for Change: The NOOC has a drop-in center in the church’s Lounge area on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 8:30 am to 3 pm.
- Cold Weather Emergency Shelter as needed.
- Mental Health advocacy and housing referrals.
- The North Campus of Hope Avenue at Zion Baptist in North Minneapolis has not yet reopened.
All services are provided free of charge to anyone in need.
Hope Avenue is a collaborative effort. Without the support of the community, we could not do this! Our community partners include:
- Tasks Unlimited
- Envision Community
- Second Harvest Heartland
- Sole Care for Souls
- Simpson Center
- People, Inc.
- City Gate Network (formerly AGRM)
- Northeast Minneapolis Lions
- Step with Soul
- Erin Aarestad (Realtor)
- Street Voices for Change
We also partner with and receive volunteers and support from several area churches:
- Abbey Way Covenant Church
- Christ Church Otsego
- City of Life
- Zion Baptist
- Mill City Church
- Grace Church for Community Life
- Buffalo Evangelical Free
- Monticello Covenant
- Westbrook Church
- Wooddale Church
Volunteer with Hope Avenue
Logan Park Neighborhood Podcast – Listen to this interview with Pastor Becky for an eye-opening view of homelessness in Minneapolis.
Emergency Shelter on KARE11 News – During extreme cold temperatures, we also open up the building as an emergency overnight shelter. Recently, KARE11 did a segment about the shelter. You can view it by clicking here.
Video Trailer – Thank you to Ben Smith for putting this video together!
For more information about Hope Avenue, please contact Pastor Becky Hanson.