Adult Ministry is about growing in faith, connecting in community, and serving our neighbors.
Join a Small Group!
- This is the primary way to connect with other adults at Elim! These groups vary in purpose, size, and location. There is a small group for you to join at Elim! For more information about our small groups or Bible studies or classes listed below, please contact the Church Office
Sunday Connection Classes (11am Sundays), options below starting Jan 9th, 2022:
- Jan. 9, 16, 30th Intergenerational Film and Discussion – The Chronicles of Narnia
- Meets in the dining room.
- Ages: Middle School and Up
- E-Class w/Pastor Paul (Round 1: Jan 9, 16, 30, and Round 2: Feb 6, 13, 20) – This is a three part class required for membership at Elim and covers the three E’s:
- Class 1: Elim’s history, theology and distinctive values.
- Class 2: Ephesians and the organism of the Body of Christ
- Class 3: Ekklesia (the gathered and called) understanding the rights and responsibilities of being a member of the church.
- Elim Young Adults – “Ki•ne•tic” – College students plus late 20’s, singles, and married couples seeking meaningful connections with others.
Online and in-person groups that meet on weekdays during the day and evenings are listed below.
Monday Evening Women’s Bible Study – Women of the Bible
Starting February 2022, In-person or Online Every Other Week, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Leaders: Jill Jezierski, Gloria Metz, and Pastor Becky Hanson
URL: https://meet.google.com/ast-cxmh-ykk Phone: +1 401-684-3085 PIN: 724 649 481#
The Bible is full of stories that invite us to experience God in ways that are relevant to our lives. When we think of a Bible study on women in the Bible, better-known women come to mind: Mary, Sarah, Eve, Ruth and Naomi, Deborah and Mary Magdalene. This study at Elim will focus, however, on women of faith who are not as well known but whose lives and actions we readily identify within the next year:
- Hagar – who left her family unit feeling ignored, alone, and rejected
- Shiphrah and Puah – strong women who in their respect of God defied the Pharaoh
- Miriam – her gossiping words were against her brother Moses
- Anna – she lived a journey of trust and devotion to the Lord
- Martha – encouraged by Jesus to choose the better way
- A woman who bled 12 Years – unnamed, unclean, and rejected by men but ‘beloved’ by Christ
- Lydia – met for prayer by the river with other women although the city did not have a synagogue with male leaders
- Euodia and Syntyche – Paul told them to stop their exchange of words/disagreement
- Junia – passionate for her faith but imprisoned as an apostle alongside the Apostle Paul
Gossip, isolation, unworthiness. They are all words we can identify with. But Jesus calls us to a new journey: wholeness of speech, acceptance, love, and transformation. Come join us as we consider the biblical invitations to grow as women of God as written from the lives of real women with real lives.
Tuesday Morning Women’s Bible Study – The Names of Christ
Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 – 11:30 am. Online by clicking on the meeting
URL: https://meet.google.com/ast-cxmh-ykk Or by telephone 1+401-684-3085 – and enter the pin 724 649 481#
Leaders: Pastor Becky Hanson and Gloria Metz. Please join us as we study the names of Christ along with the sermon series on Sunday
Tuesday Merry Makers Breakfast and other Events 9:00 am
Meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the Month, 9:00 am (unless otherwise indicated). Breakfast Leaders: Steve and Judy Moseman, Clayton and Doris Nolby, Rod and Ruth Tyberg Merry Makers are continuing the tradition of breakfasts once a month that the Seniors and Adults have enjoyed for years. We will have breakfast at a local restaurant. Contact Barb Gabel at who is making the group reservation. Other events include a potluck, a trip to the Bell Museum, Feed My Starving Children, and a Christmas Luncheon.
Wednesday Night “Re-covering In God” Bible Study – Sue Watlov Phillips leads this Wednesday night Bible study, by discussing two books. The first book, Re-Covering In God: 40 Days Wrestling With God, is a devotional designed as a guide to knowing how to be in God’s will instead of our self-will. It helps to turn our focus from past failures to recovery in God for any ‘isms’ in our lives: materialism, cynicism, workaholism, perfectionism, alcoholism, etc. The second book, Jesus Calling, is a devotional filled with uniquely inspired treasures from heaven for every day of the year. The class is scheduled from 6:30-8:00 pm in the Prayer Room, but also regularly meets in the main entrance or, if the weather is nice outside.
Wednesday Evening Youth Group – Meets weekly, every Wednesday 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Meet in the Dining Room or at the 13th Avenue entrance Leader: Andy Johnson
Every Wednesday, Elim Youth will get to hang out and grow in our relationship with one another through group games and activities that foster service and friendship. Bring a friend!
Wednesday Night Once-a-Month
- Songwriting/Poetry Nights
3rd Wednesday of the Month 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Sanctuary Bring a song or a poem in hand! These can be works of praise, lament, protest, an experience, or just longing for God’s kingdom on earth. No judgment or critique is offered here, just be ready to share your work, receive encouragement, and join collectively with others in the creative process of sharing our faith with others.
Friday Morning Men’s Bible Study
Weekly – every Friday 8:00 – 9:30 am
Online – ZOOM meeting Leader: Steve Murck, The group is for men as a time to connect, to pray, and to discuss a book or a book of the Bible. Meet on ZOOM Friday Morning at 8 AM. Contact Stephen Murck at to add your email address to the ZOOM email.