Adult Ministry is about growing in faith, connecting in the community, and serving our neighbors.
Join a Small Group!
- This is the primary way to connect with other adults at Elim! These groups vary in purpose, size, and location. There is a small group for you to join at Elim! For more information about our small groups or Bible studies or classes listed below, please contact the Church Office
Sunday Connection Classes (11 am Sundays), options below starting September 2022:
- The Chosen: unplugged: Any time we read the Bible or create an artistic representation of it, we are interpreting it. The Chosen TV mini-series will soon be entering its third season and has been widely praised for its thought-provoking, biblically-grounded scripts, and excellent production values. Join us in the Elim Dining Room for Sunday Connections as we watch the series together with time for discussion of our own understanding of the Gospels and how they are portrayed in The Chosen. We will be using the companion book How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth. The Elim Youth will be joining us with their own leaders to facilitate discussion at their tables.
Tv Series: https://watch.angelstudios.com/thechosen
Ratings: 9.6 Rating (IMDB) 99% Rating (Rotten Tomatoes)
Teacher/Facilitator: Brian Turnquist and Kyle Marsh
- Practicing the King’s Economy: Before we can faithfully serve alongside the poor, we need to understand why Jesus came to earth in the first place. All our strategies for helping the poor need to be anchored in understanding ourselves as citizens in God’s kingdom. Through eye-opening true stories of economic discipleship in action and a solid exploration of six key biblical themes, we will offer practical ways for God’s people to earn, invest, spend, compensate, save, share, and give in ways that embody God’s love and provision for the world.
Video Intro: https://vimeo.com/325299063
Class Curriculum from Chalmers.org: https://tinyurl.com/uce7wfrr
Teacher/Facilitator: Pastor Paul
*The Chalmers Center is a globally recognized resource that exists to “help shape the way churches and Christian nonprofits think about and respond to poverty.”
Online and in-person groups that meet on weekdays during the day and evenings are listed below.
Monday Morning Women’s Bible Study – The Book of Mark
Weekly on Mondays, 10:00 – 11:30 am. Online by clicking on the meeting
URL: https://meet.google.com/ast-cxmh-ykk Or by telephone 1+401-684-3085 – and enter the pin 724 649 481#
Leaders: Pastor Becky Hanson and Gloria Metz.
Please join us each week in our in-depth study of Mark. We have been studying keywords, themes, and concepts–pericope by pericope. Click here for a schedule for Sept.-Dec., 2022.
Tuesday Merry Makers Breakfast and other Events 9:00 am
Meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the Month, 9:00 am (unless otherwise indicated). Breakfast Leaders: Steve and Judy Moseman, Clayton and Doris Nolby, Rod and Ruth Tyberg Merry Makers are continuing the tradition of breakfasts once a month, that the Seniors and Adults have enjoyed for years. We will have breakfast at a local restaurant. Contact Barb Gabel at who is making the group reservation. Other events include:
- September 23 (Friday), at 7:30 pm – we will be attending a FREE organ concert at Bethel University in the Great Hall. Bradley Hunter Welch is hailed as a “world-class virtuoso” The concert is at 7:30. After the concert we will hang out together at Perkins on County Road D in New Brighton.
- October 20 (Thursday), at 10:30 a.m. Bonita Johnson will lead the Merry Makers on a walk in Locke County Park. Lunch together at Panges Mediterranean Market and Grill will follow. Directions to the park and restaurant will be sent in a timely manner via a future email.
- In November we will be volunteering again at Feed My Starving Children. Date and time are to be announced.
- December 14 (Wednesday), 12:00 pm, the Merry Makers will be hosted by Clayton and Doris Nolby for our annual Christmas Potluck.
- Again, details for each event will be forthcoming. Please put these special events on your calendar and look forward to times together!
Tuesday Evening Bible Study – Jennie Allen’s Find Your People: Building Deep Community in a Lonely World
Starting October 252022, In-person or Online Every Tuesday, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Leader: Pastor Becky Hanson
URL: https://meet.google.com/ast-cxmh-ykk Phone: +1 401-684-3085 PIN: 724 649 481#
Join us each week as we work through Jennie Allen’s Find Your People: Building Deep Community in a Lonely World. “You Aren’t Alone in Feeling Alone: Jennie looks at the original community in Genesis, the Trinity, and the creation of people to see what God had planned for us all along, Jennie offers practical solutions for creating true community in a world that’s both more connected and more isolating than ever before. Because while the ache of loneliness is real, it doesn’t have to be your reality.”
Wednesday Night “Re-covering In God” Bible Study, 6-7 pm –This devotional study is open to anyone who wants to get closer to God and receive support from their Christian brothers and sisters. We read a chapter from the “Purpose Driven Life”, a devotional from “Jesus Calling”, “Recovering in God” and verses from the Bible. Our time concludes in sharing prayer requests and praying for each other and we conclude by praying the Lord’s prayer together.
Facilitated by Sue WatlovPhillips. Please email if you have any questions.
Wednesday Evening Youth Group – Meets weekly, every Wednesday 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Meet in the Dining Room or at the 13th Avenue entrance Leader: Pastor Paul
Every Wednesday, Elim Youth will get to hang out and grow in our relationship with one another through group games and activities that foster service and friendship. Bring a friend! Click here for the schedule.
Wednesday Night Live Once-a-Month
2nd Wednesday of the Month 6:00 pm, Dining Room. Join us for a meal starting at 6 pm, $5/person or $10/family. If you would like to serve alongside Ming-Jinn from Hot Wok Academy.
Friday Morning Men’s Bible Study
Weekly – every Friday 8:00 – 9:30 am
Online – ZOOM meeting Leader: Steve Murck, The group is for men as a time to connect, pray, and discuss a book or a book of the Bible. Meet on ZOOM Friday Morning at 8 AM. Contact Stephen Murck at to add your email address to the ZOOM email.