We share the love of Jesus with people experiencing homelessness by offering breakfast, lunch and a listening ear on Sunday mornings (except for the first Sunday of the month).
What I’m interested in seeing you do is: sharing your food with the hungry, inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad. – Isaiah 58:7
- Breakfast – Breakfast is prepared and served by volunteers.
- Shower and Laundry – Showers are available at Elim and volunteers provide clean clothes and laundry services.
- Bible Study – Bible study and discipleship groups teach about God’s love for all people.
- Worship – All who attend Hope Avenue are encouraged to join the congregation in worship.
- Food Distribution – Groceries are available to anyone in need of food assistance.
- Clothing Closet – Clothes are available to anyone in need.
Thank you to Ben Smith who put together the following video as a high school project. The video shows what Hope Avenue means to a few of the many families and individuals who come to Elim on any given Sunday morning.
For more information about Hope Avenue, please contact Pastor Becky Hanson. For articles in our monthly newsletter about Hope Avenue, please read the front page Forecaster article from December 2016 and January 2017.